More than a decade of research by Flow Foundation has led to a theory of change for creating Triple Value. This includes a practical framework for organizations and leaders to take concrete action.
Lorike Hagdorn, Professor in Business Administration, VU Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
"Flow Foundation gives clear and useful insights in triple value creation in business: they powerfully remind us that leading a business is about creating social, economical and ecological value for every individual, every organization and for our society. Their insights combined with their personal journey will stimulate your intrinsic human motivation to implement these valuable and practical insights immediately."
Theory of change for Triple Value
This theory has been developed in response to a growing number of organizations who want to incorporate sustainability at the core of their operations, and move from social responsibility to strategic sustainability. How can they create a sustainable business model? This can be done by learning how to create value for all stakeholders in the value chain.
Winning with society
The theory of change - called Winning with Society - has been derived from many years of research with leading companies and supported by leading universities. We focus on three interacting domains: 1. Societal Business Leadership 2. Shared Purpose Strategy 3. Impact Development & Measurement. Winning with Society has been successfully implemented by various business organizations and is subject to ongoing research so at replicate and scale up results.
Thanks to the Winning with Society approach business organization will progress in stages of business sustainability towards enhanced levels of value creation.
Stages in business sustainability
Continuation of research
Our research on Winning with Society consists of three phases:
- Practical and literature review to further develop the theory of change.
- Theory in practice: apply the theory onto various social issues together with organizations through case studies, triangulation, experiments and action research.
- Development of practical tools that can be deployed by organizations.
- Sustainable Leadership: Towards a Workable Definition, Journal for Corporate Citizenship (2013)
- Empowered Leadership: Mindsets and Qualities to Create Shared Value, Nyenrode Publications (2013)
- Creating Shared Value: How to put it into Practice, working paper TNO (2013)
Gross National Happiness: Lessons for Sustainability Leadership‘ South Asian Journal of Global Business Research, Vol. 5 Iss 2 pp. 190 – 213
Measuring Sustainable Value Creation: the CSV Practice Framework. Conference Paper for WBCSD-EMAN, October 2015